1 Day Fraser Island Tour
2 Day Fraser Island Tour
3 Day Fraser Island Tour
OUR FRASER ISLAND TOURS
At Lostinaustralia.com.au we offer travellers a great selection of Fraser Island tours that have been hand chosen due to their excellency in showing visitors the greatness of Queenslands natural parks and major travel destinations. All tours offer travellers a great experience and a unique insight to Fraser Island.
All Fraser Island tours offer travellers a wide range of activities such as hiking, swimming, 4wding and exploring, whilst also putting a large priority on teaching visitors about our culture, wildlife and natural environment. For travellers who are looking for a an experience and to learn about our great country, these Fraser Island tours will take you on an adventure you wont forget!
All tours mentioned in this website are locally operated companies who provide small group adventures consisting 9 - 16 people. They are Australian owned and have great reputations.
FRASER ISLAND INFO
Fraser Island is a place of amazing beauty... This amazing area of Australia features long uninterrupted white beaches flanked by strikingly coloured sand cliffs, over a 100 freshwater lakes and ancient rainforests that grow in the sand along the crystal clear creeks.
Its the largest sand island in the world and it should be on everyone's check list when coming to Australia!
- Fraser Island stretches over 123 kilometres in length and 22 kilometres at its widest point.
- With an area of 184 000 hectares it is the largest sand island in the world.
- Fraser Island, is an island located along the southern coast of Queensland, Australia.
- It was inscribed as a World Heritage site in 1992.
- Its resident human population was 360 at the census of 2006, of whom 11 were Indigenous Australians. It is administered by the Fraser Coast Regional Council.
- The immense sand blows and cliffs of coloured sands are part of the longest and most complete age sequence of coastal dune systems in the world and they are still evolving.
- The island can be reached by ferry from Hervey Bay or Inskip Point north of Rainbow Beach, or by chartered flight via Maroochydore Airport.
More information Fraser Island Page